1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nomad

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by jimlenz, Jan 28, 2012.

1. jimlenz

jimlenz Legend

Aug 22, 2007
    I purchased a nomad from directv and then decided to sell it on ebay. I took it off my account and the person that purchased it contacted directv and they would not add it to their account, saying they needed to purchase directly from directv.

I was told by directv that once I took it off my account, that someone could register it.

Anyone have any experience with this? Ideas on what to do?

Thanks

Jim

2. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Thats crazy. Its an owned piece of equipment to begin with. Its not like they have to replace it if it dies. I would say they need to try again. Have them call the access card department directly. I know this isnt a reciever and there is no access card but they should be able to do it without the hassle. Their direct number is 877-887-7994.

3. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Ask to be transferred to the Access Card Dept. They usually have better info vs. front line CSR's. Let us know what they say.

4. jimlenz

jimlenz Legend

Aug 22, 2007
    I will try this and report back. Thanks

5. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Why did you decide to Sell It after you Bought it??? :confused:

6. Rtm

Rtm Godfather

Oct 18, 2011
    I can think of a bunch of reasons why you'd want to sell it, one being the video quality when not viewed on a retina display.

7. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    It is definitely possible to transfer ownership of a nomad, but it is hard.

8. jimlenz

jimlenz Legend

Aug 22, 2007
    The main reason is that I got a slinbox hooked up to a dedicated receiver and decided I didn't need the nomad. I know I can't bring video with me on flights and where I can't get wifi/3g but i will live with that. Also, the video on my ipad2 is not the greatest. Wish they had an ipad version, that may have helped.

Jim

9. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I would assume that an iPad version for Nomad is in the works.

- Merg

10. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    757 & 718
    does NOmad cost $ monthly?

i saw when i signed into my directv it said Free
    but i wonder is that the equipment? i also saw $150 when im not signed it?

also are there any updates on when this will be available for android?

thanks.

11. DogLover

DogLover Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    It does not cost monthly. If you can get the equipment free, you are fortunate. The equipment is normally $150.

12. jimlenz

jimlenz Legend

Aug 22, 2007
    Thought I would share with you the latest on this saga. Here is from the buyer.

"I'm sorry to tell you that we did try again this evening to have Directv get the Nomad registered without success. We first tried the number you provided for the receiver department, and then they had us call the CSR department again. The tech could not help, then he transferred us to a supervisor named Matt. Matt said he doesn't know why anyone ever would have told you that the Nomad could be transferred, because that's just not an option. Needless to say, we'd like to return the device for a refund. We are sorry this didn't work out. We did order a Nomad from Directv, and they did say that you could return your's for a full refund as long as it was purchased within the last year. "

It is interesting that I see used Nomad's sold on ebay a lot. Guess I will try to return the nomad and get my money back. Can't imagine why directv would do that but you never know.

Jim

13. jimlenz

jimlenz Legend

Aug 22, 2007
    One more tag on to this. I called directv and of course, they told me the item could be transferred and that there was only a 30 day return policy. Just as I expected.

Amazing that you get so many different people with so many different answers.

Jim

14. mikela

mikela AllStar

Jan 8, 2008
    I would buy the nomad but for two reasons.
    1. No HD conversion
    2. Cannot rip to a network location then transfer the file.
    Is that too much to ask?

15. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    I would have to say that the 480P Resolution looks to me and others I know like 720P and I can't believe that it is 480P but it is the Best Looking 480P I have ever seen.

16. JAYPB

JAYPB Legend

May 8, 2002
    Just came across this thread. I purchased a used Nomad from someone on Ebay. Tried to set it up and have hit the "we could not activate your directv nomad" message on 2 iphones.

I contacted the seller to ask if he has "deactivated" the nomad from his account....is this even an option on the "your account" area on the directv website? I wanted to make sure that he still didn't have it "activated" before I called DirecTV to figure out what's going on.

Any info would be appreciated as I'm interested in limiting the CSR roulette routine I'm anticipating going through......:eek2: