1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Non-authorized Sony Dealership

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by yatsco, Feb 9, 2012.

1. yatsco

yatsco Mentor

Aug 30, 2007
    Somewhere I once read that Sony wil not honor their warranty for a purchase from a non-authorized dealership. I am interested in purchasing a Sony Bravia XBR TV from a internet site that is not a Sony authorized dealership. This site is both BBB Accredited and a CNET Certified Store. I have verified both these claims. Does anyone know if Sony will honor their 1 year inhouse warranty if you purchase a Sony TV from a non-Sony authorized dealership?

2. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
  3. yatsco

yatsco Mentor

Aug 30, 2007
    Olguy - I appreciate your response and for providing the website for Sony authorized internet dealerships. Like you, I fall into the same old geezer catagory.

4. davejacobson

davejacobson Legend

Mar 14, 2005
    Remember if there is any repair needed you will have to take it to the Sony service center. So unless you have a local service center it will be a pain to get the service from your online source. While the chances are slim that you will need warranty service it might be wise to find a local dealer and purchase from them.Unless you have been through the nightmare of why cant I get my TV fixed from the online or big box stores you dont realize how the good the personal service of the small guy can be.

5. John Williams

John Williams Legend

Oct 5, 2011
    I can never understand how people can gamble that much money, on something that large, from an online retailer they don't even know?!?!
    You read so many stories on the internet about this kind of thing: from just bad service taking way to long to get thier TV, to people getting outright screwed (box of plywood instead of TV).

SPEND A FEW HUNDRED DOLLARS MORE AND BUY LOCAL. Better yet, buy from a place that has experts in what they're selling. You might find you were not even buying what you really needed or was good for the money. Since everyone seems to be a ^&* video expert themselves these days :rolleyes: