1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Non-SWM SL5 dish to SWM Receiver?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by odrg, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. odrg

odrg New Member

Jul 29, 2014
    FL
    I brought my new SWM receiver up north for summer. Can I connect my older Non SWM 3LNB- 4out SL5 dish to the new SWM receiver? and with just one cable? Do I connect thru the new PL21R2-16 SWM power inserter? Having trouble finding a signal and wonder if it is due to incompatibilities or just aimed wrong. Thanks.

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    what is a "SWM receiver" model numbers please....

3. tomspeer46

tomspeer46 Legend DBSTalk Club

Nov 17, 2011
    Eastern NC...
    Your question is confusing in one regard. " Non SWM 3LNB- 4out SL5 dish" is a contradiction in terms. SL5 refers to a SWM 5 LNB ( 5 LNB's, 3 "eyes") for HD. The answer to your question depends on the model of your receiver.

4. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
    We can't offer help for service outside of the US as it's a violation of the terms of service from DirecTV and therefore illegal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.