1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norwegian Court Convicts First Woman for Rape

Discussion in 'The OT' started by BuckeyeChris, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuckeyeChris

BuckeyeChris Icon/Supporter

Apr 20, 2004
    Norwegian Court Convicts First Woman for Rape

A Norwegian court has sentenced a woman to nine months in jail for raping a man, the first such conviction in the Scandinavian country that prides itself for its egalitarianism.

The 31-year-old man fell asleep on a sofa at a party in January last year and told the court in the western city of Bergen he woke to find the 23-year-old woman was having oral sex with him. ...​

Now, maybe I'm just a sick puppy, but if I awoke to a strange woman performing that sex act on me, the last thing I would think of would be to accuse her or rape. I might fault her for not waking me up to take me to a private room for her to perform the deed, but rape, come on guys? Be honest, is this rape? I think that most men are born sexual deviants if given opportunity and would welcome such advances.

2. Neil Derryberry

Neil Derryberry Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I think most men are with you...

3. Redster

Redster Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 14, 2004
    He was probably muttering " ohhh yea baby " in his sleep,, could that be construed as consent ?

4. BuckeyeChris

Apr 20, 2004
    So must the Yahoo News folks who categorized this article under their Odd News.

5. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Maybe his wife found out.

6. ntexasdude

ntexasdude Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2005
    Most likely the case. He didn't accuse her until something went wrong with his wife or girlfriend. :eek2:

7. lazaruspup

lazaruspup Godfather

Mar 18, 2005
    Or... he is a dedicated individual with a wife or girlfriend. I know if I found someone of my sexual orientation performing an act on me, I wouldn't be all that pleased unless I had asked for it or elicited it. Uh oh, maybe I still have morals.

8. KingLoop

KingLoop Custom User Title DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 3, 2005
    Maybe she was really ugly... or really bad at it... or.... anyway I wouldn't want her to go to jail, even if I was mad that she was doing it. I wouldn't go as far as to consider it rape... But I'm a just guy and that's just me.

9. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
  10. Cyclone

Cyclone Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 1, 2002
    She must not have finished.

11. MarkA

MarkA God Bless America! DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    If a woman did that to me I'd demand it prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, it is rape, and it would be psychologically traumatizing. How come people just laugh when we are sexually assaulted, but when women are sexually assaulted it's treated as the serious crime and invasion that it is?

12. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    How come people just laugh when we are sexually assaulted, but when women are sexually assaulted it's treated as the serious crime and invasion that it is?

Because men and women are not the same; physically, mentally or culturally.

This is the first case of this nature prosecuted in that nation for a reason. Simple fact is that most men would either welcome the situation, or put a stop to it. But either way likely not feel violated about it.

13. jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    Well, here's a possible. Perhaps he's gay?

For instance, if I were to wake and find a man's head bobbing up and down between my knees, I'd be pretty pissed even if I'd been enjoying it until that point, as I assume most heterosexual men would be. I don't know if I'd call the police, but since I don't usually believe in beating people up, I might consider it.:mad:

Also, on the flip side, if it were a woman who woke to find some man munching her carpet and he'd been convicted of rape for it, this would be no news at all. Non-consensual sex is non-consensual sex.

Now none of the above should be construed as discouraging any WOMAN from deciding to surprise me with some sweet dreams.:sure: But everyone's different. Maybe he is gay, maybe he's in a committed monogamous relationship, maybe he has religious beliefs that led him to his decision.

Whatever the case, let me be the first to volunteer to "sleep" with this woman after she's paid her debt to Norweigian society.;)

14. BuckeyeChris

Apr 20, 2004
    This woman is a pioneer, much like a Rosa Parks who inspired blacks not to be content as second class citizens. Not only should her conviction be overturned and a huge injustice be undone, but she should be held up to women around the world as a role model, someone to emulate, a comforter to horny men everywhere in a time of need. :p

15. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    Hear, hear! :D

16. Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    Not sure how I missed this....

(Sorry, but I just couldn't resist.....)

Your mouth is saying NO, but your eye is saying YES!! Not guilty!!!!

:lol: :rolling: !rolling :) :) :lol: :)

17. jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    Which "eye" are you referring to here?

18. Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    OMG! Jonstad, I'm disappointed. I really thought you were smarter than that. :nono:

That should be "To which eye are you referring here?" :D :D :D

19. steelhorse

steelhorse Legend

Apr 27, 2004
    It's a good thing that didn't happen in the USA. Since that isn't considered sex. Came right from the top!

20. RichW

RichW Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 29, 2002
    Actually, in many cases you don't have to have sex to be charged with rape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.