1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Not all DVRs seeing every other DVR.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mdpeterman, Feb 1, 2013.

1. mdpeterman

mdpeterman Cool Member

Oct 24, 2009
    I am having an issue getting my Genie to see both of the other DVRs in the house which of course prevents the Genie and connected client (2012 Samsung TV) from watching programs not recorded on Genie. I have a Genie in the Theater, a HR24 in the Living Room and a HR21 in the Bedroom. The bedroom DVR sees the theater and living room. The living room sees the theater and bedroom. The theater (genie) only sees the bedroom DVR and not the living room. Why would that be since the other two see all of them?
    Any ideas?
    I've repeated network setup on all three.

2. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    Have you reset them all?

3. mdpeterman

mdpeterman Cool Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Doing that now. You thing a RBR will do more than resetting network to defaults?

4. mdpeterman

mdpeterman Cool Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Doing a RBR on the HR34 fixed it. Weird. Thanks for your help!

5. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    In the future, perform a menu reset when you can instead of an RBR. Think of a computer and using the power button vs. using the shut down option.

- Merg

6. Guindalf

Guindalf Legend

Nov 19, 2005
    It WILL happen again!

Go into your network settings and give each box its own static IP address. Make it ones that are outside the DHCP range to avoid duplication. You'll find this will make them all available at all times otherwise you'll be doing occasional reboots for the life of the boxes!

7. mdpeterman

mdpeterman Cool Member

Oct 24, 2009
    The weird thing is all of my receivers including non-DVRs have static IPs. I have assigned them 192.168.2.31,32,33,34,and 35 for my 5 receivers. This was the first time they weren't showing up and it was just after I had added a Samsung RVU TV to the account. Either way its working now..

8. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Ever visit the tech forum on D*'s website? So many suggestions about using the RBR instead of doing the reboot properly. Makes you wonder, makes me wonder when I see someone on their site suggest using an RBR to setup an eSATA or to clear Guide Data. I really thought we had gone past that.

Rich