1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Not authorized to Record?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by groove93, Oct 1, 2008.

1. groove93

groove93 Legend

Jun 10, 2008
    HD Locals just came on this morning so I decided to add some shows to my list. I attempted to add Heroes HD to my list but I receive the following message:

"This Program May not record because this receiver is not currently authorized for it."

I added the program anyway but what does this message mean?

2. keith_benedict

keith_benedict Godfather

Jan 11, 2007
    It means Directv didn't turn on the DVR service for you. You need to call them and have them reauthorize your box. I think there may be a way to do this from Directv's website.

3. sdicomp

sdicomp Godfather

Sep 12, 2006
    If you can view the HD local channel, it will record. Might reset the DVR, and try to schedule again.

4. groove93

groove93 Legend

Jun 10, 2008
    DVR Service has been active Since June.

5. rudeney

rudeney Hall Of Fame

May 28, 2007
  6. groove93

groove93 Legend

Jun 10, 2008
    Found the problem, When I set the Shows "Life" and "Heroes" to record, they were set to record from and NBCHD affiliate that I don't receive. That same day my Locals became Available in HD so I guess the guide chose the wrong channel. Tried to watch "Life" tonight and a "Checking for Authorization" message appeared on the screen. Looked at the info and it was Channel 87 or something like that. I checked my Recording settings and "Life" was set to record on Friday Nights on the right channel, and Monday night on the wrong channel.

7. rudeney

rudeney Hall Of Fame

May 28, 2007
    You need to delete those SL’s setup on the channels you no longer get and create new SL’s on the new local channels. The HR2x won’t automatically look for the same SL’s on a different channel.