1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not in Kansas anymore

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by BobaBird, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Dec 3, 2008 #1 of 11
    BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    In the two part Heroes episode The Eclipse, Daphne and Matt go to her home on a farm in Kansas, seen at the 1/2-way point of part 2.

On The Mentalist episode Flame Red, the team goes to a small town in California where the victim's family lives on a farm, seen after the first commercial break and throughout the episode.

Thing is, it's the exact same house, but missing the satellite dish on The Mentalist. I didn't try to compare interiors.

2. Dec 3, 2008 #2 of 11
    longrider

longrider Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    That really doesn't surprise me, how many farmhouse sets do you think they would have? Obviously produced by the same company so it unfortunately makes sense.

3. Dec 4, 2008 #3 of 11
    The Phantom Ghost

The Phantom Ghost Legend

Dec 2, 2006
    And don't forget the mountain in the background.:lol:

4. Dec 4, 2008 #4 of 11
    jkane

jkane Icon

Oct 12, 2007
    The corn field was just sickly! Worst looking corn I have ever seen.

Anyone else wonder what kind of solar eclipse covers at least half of the planet at the same moment in time?

Did younger brother get his powers reset, and he doesn't know it yet? I was expecting him to have bullet proof skin to get him out of his jam.

5. Dec 4, 2008 #5 of 11
    say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Reuse of locations happens all the time. Up the road from my office is an old home that has been used for 3 movie productions this year and I can't recall how many others in the past.

6. Dec 4, 2008 #6 of 11
    bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
    Yeah, that happens in Smallville all the time too!

7. Dec 4, 2008 #7 of 11
    puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo Hall Of Fame

Sep 2, 2007
    I don't know why, but this thread reminds me of one of my friends growing up. If anyone remembers the opening credits for the show Mama's Family, at the end of them it showed the front of the house. That's his grandmother's house :D

[​IMG]

8. Dec 5, 2008 #8 of 11
    soccergrunt

soccergrunt AllStar

Nov 17, 2005
    Along these same lines....Ii just watched The Eclipse - Part II last night. In the scene where Hiro was in the comic book store, they showed him reading a comic book. On the back cover was an ad for "Tit Tat" candy bars. After watching Heros, I watched My Name is Earl. During this episode, Earl purchased a "Tit Tat" candy bar from a vending machine. I wonder if Earl read the same comic book?

9. Dec 5, 2008 #9 of 11
    trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    Obviously, "Heroes" and "My Name Is Earl" take place in the same fictional universe -- it's just that no one in Camden County has gotten superpowers yet (as far as we know).

10. soccergrunt

soccergrunt AllStar

Nov 17, 2005
    Well, a few episodes ago Randy did think he was invincible after being shot at with a starter pistol and not getting hurt. He must be prepping for a guest role on "Heroes"

11. jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf Icon

Jun 17, 2006
    No superpowers? Have you seen Catalina jumping? :D