1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Not seeing olympics in HD

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by prabs24, Aug 4, 2012.

1. prabs24

prabs24 Mentor

Apr 7, 2011
    Hi,
    Anyone in Austin,TX? On the local NBC station, KXAN, I see the side bars this morning. It was fine last night, but this morning, when we actually have something LIVE on NBC, I only see SD coverage (I see the black bars)

all my other HD channels are fine.

Anyone else have the same issue?

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Sounds like it may be a local or an uplink issue, can you check with OTA feed or contact with the channel?

3. prabs24

prabs24 Mentor

Apr 7, 2011
    I dont have access to the OTA feed. The channel's phone line says they work Mon-Fri. LOL. But, I think it is a local uplink issue. Because I asked a friend who has cable and he also said that he is only getting the Olumpics in SD.

First day I get to be at home to watch live Olympics and it is on SD!!!!

4. prabs24

prabs24 Mentor

Apr 7, 2011
    Ok HD is back!

5. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    :D
    It's totally unbelievable to me how good HD looks (especially compared to what I grew up with-3 channels-4 on a really good day, B&W, and pops would make me go outside & turn the antenna mast with a pipe wrench to try to get a 'less fuzzy' picture)

6. mnassour

mnassour Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    Yea, it was a local problem at the affiliate. That happens to them sometimes, but they're generally good at catching it.

7. tymekeeper

tymekeeper Legend

Jan 11, 2008
    Some summer intern forgot to flip the switch !!! lol