1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Not sure if this has been asked (CSS)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Dcm210, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Dcm210

Dcm210 Godfather

Jan 17, 2009
    I was watching highlights of the FIA-UGA on ESPN and I noticed it was on CSS.

Why hasn't Directv picked up CSS?

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Maybe because it is owned by Comcast and is only available on cable?

3. dstout

dstout Legend

Jul 19, 2005
    DirecTV could carry CSS, but I don' t see it happening since CSS doesn't show much in the way of pro sports. It does have a few Spring Training Braves games.

4. skylab

skylab Legend

Dec 5, 2007
    Many CSS games are picked up by an RSN and are available on the sports pack. Other CSS games are available through local broadcasters -- e.g., the Dayton v. Georgia Tech game in 2009 on CSS was picked up by WBDT.

5. mhking

mhking Legend

Oct 27, 2002
    Atlanta
    One word: Comcrap

6. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    well as part of csn houston you may get a some forum of the CSS Houston feed.

7. mitchflorida

mitchflorida Godfather

May 18, 2009
    Yes, we don't have enough sports channels on DirecTV. Only 65. We need at least 75 sports channels!

8. JimAtTheRez

JimAtTheRez Legend

May 9, 2008
    The way I understand it is that CSS is cooperative venture between Comcast and Charter Communications. They refuse to allow their product to be broadcast on Directv or Dish. The problem with that is that they are a minor broadcast partner with the SEC showing a variety of events including a limited amount of football, basketball, and baseball.

Maybe one day we will be able to see it, and please, someone correct me if I am misinformed.

9. AMike

AMike Godfather

Nov 21, 2005
    I had Comcast from for a year before coming back to D* in June. Here in metro Atlanta on Comcast, CSS was broadcast in HD during certain sporting events (Football, Basketball), but it was primarily in SD. The bulk of the programming during the week was replays of college football from the prior weekend, talk shows about college football, live minor league and college baseball, and basketball.

The quality reminded me of old cable access programming. It is pale in comparison to the other Comcast SportsNets.

10. sweep49

sweep49 Legend

Jul 15, 2008
    SW GA
    Channel 642 is Comcast Sportsnet, which listed the GA/FIA game in the guide last night. When I tried to tune it last night, I received the "blacked out in your area" message. I just tuned it now and of course it comes in with some useless "jock talk" being broadcast. So the channel is part of the sports pack, but when you want to actually watch some sports on it the program is blacked out. Of course it was available on the ESPN pay for SD games plan.

11. dstout

dstout Legend

Jul 19, 2005
    CSS is satellite delivered. It had to be made available to DBS providers. I doubt either one want it.

12. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    To bad that ESPN did not let Directv get game plan HD or some kind of remapping deal.

They wanted it in 2010.

13. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Here is they say on their "About" page of their web site:

14. dstout

dstout Legend

Jul 19, 2005

I know it says that, but it is not a Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia situation.

Our local Teleco offers CSS over their IPTV platform too.

http://www.twlakes.net/tv/lineup.php

15. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
    Many Comcast & Charter markets in the Southeast are now testing out the full time CSS HD feed, which is scheduled to officially launch on October 14th, 2012.

16. espnjason

espnjason Armchair Referee

Sep 30, 2008
    I've reviewed the schedules on the CSS website, they do quite a bit on the weekends but I'd say its worth carrying at the right price if at least the games are shown in HD and if there are a sufficient amount of basketball and baseball games.