1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Not this crap again

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Red Orc, Jan 8, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Jan 8, 2014 #1 of 10
    Red Orc

Red Orc Legend

Oct 11, 2011
    When I got my Genie it worked fine with this set-up.
    Two genies and two HD DVR's.
    After about a month I started getting errors - 771 Signal loss on satellite 1.
    I called DTV and they charged me $50 for somebody to come and try to fix it.
    He got it working and it worked for about a month and now I'm getting the same error again.
    I've checked all the cabled and rebooted the SWM's of course. I even checked the cables outside and checked the dishes.
    Any thing else I can do/check before I call DTV?

2. Jan 8, 2014 #2 of 10
    raromr

raromr Legend

Jun 24, 2010
    Seems like a tuner overload on the SWM. How do you have two Genies is the better question.

1 person likes this.
  3. Jan 8, 2014 #3 of 10
    Red Orc

Red Orc Legend

Oct 11, 2011
    Two different accounts

4. Jan 8, 2014 #4 of 10
    raromr

raromr Legend

Jun 24, 2010
    Nice. I had this issue. Was a tuner distribution. Also had to account for the whole home coax that was coming into the house from the dish. Tech redistributed the tuners and no issues since. It would only occur when all the tuners were in use so it was hidden for some time. Good luck.

1 person likes this.
  5. Jan 8, 2014 #5 of 10
    peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    what do you mean by that?

1 person likes this.
  6. Jan 9, 2014 #6 of 10
    chicagojim

chicagojim Legend

Sep 13, 2006
    Interesting - this just started happening to me out of the blue last night. I have had not configuration changes to my Genie install in months. The message appears, but will still allow me to tune to any channel I want. Rebooting all components did not help the situation.

1 person likes this.
  7. Red Orc

Red Orc Legend

Oct 11, 2011
    I just got off the phone with DTV.
    I'm still under contract from the last technician visit so that's good.
    Bad news is the earliest appointment is the 21st :(
    Good news is I'll be credited for all the days I went with out service :)

8. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Another avatar with someone drinking beer. Now I want a beer. Nutz.

Rich

9. Red Orc

Red Orc Legend

Oct 11, 2011
    The problem seems to have fixed itself.
    I checked the dishes and I didn't see any thing on them but maybe there was ice I couldn't see?
    I didn't do anything. I had just hooked up th the cycler yesterday and all the channels were back.

1 person likes this.
  10. chicagojim

chicagojim Legend

Sep 13, 2006
    Same deal here - I touched nothing after the initial post and reboots. The problem persisted for a few days and then went away. All receivers are working fine.

If anyone has any ideas on this - I would love to hear them!\

I eliminated ice/weather and any other temporary factor I could think of.