1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now available in HD?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by puzzley, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puzzley

puzzley Cool Member

Aug 25, 2006
    For the past couple of days, I've been getting a message flash across the bottom of the screen on many of the channels I like, such as TLC, Discovery, Science, etc that says "Now available in HD on (TLC, Discovery, Science) HD.

I've checked the directv website, and it shows no change in the old HD lineup, and nothing here about these being available in anything other than test. Has anyone else seen this, and does anyone know what's going on?

2. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    Those channels are now available, but not on Directv. Dish Network has the channels, Directv should have them in a couple of weeks.

3. cygnusloop

cygnusloop Hall Of Fame

Jan 26, 2007
    Patience, puzzley.

The Discovery networks have recently started simulcasting in HD, and DIRECTV is on the verge of providing these new channels. The new satellite, D10, is in orbit and should very soon begin moving to its permanent home and beging providing lots, and lots of HD goodness. We are only weeks (if not days) away. Keep and eye on this thread and you will know before anyone else on the block when the new HD will arrive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.