1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

NRTC/Pegasus/DirecTV Trial Date Delayed

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Steve Mehs, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    The programming/sales litigation involving Pegasus, the National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative (NRTC) and DirecTV is being worked out before a mediator, and that effort has pushed back a trial date between the sides until the summer.

The trial date in the case was set for April 1. Due to the mediation, the trail date is now June 3, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing.

The court case is before the US District Court in Los Angeles.

The legal skirmish revolves around the rights NRTC and Pegasus have concerning sales of certain programming to subscribers in rural areas and other matters, including access to DirecTV satellites.

From SkyReport (Used with Permission)

2. littlecuster

littlecuster New Member

Dec 7, 2002
    I live in an area where my monthly bill goes to Pegasus. What I dont under stand is why I have to go through Pegasus and why do they charge more for the same programming than DirecTV does. Why Why Why???

3. bkwest

bkwest Mentor

Aug 14, 2002
    One of the reasons I jumped to dish!

4. snagel

snagel AllStar

Mar 24, 2002
    If Pegasus would drop the phony charges of $4.50 more per month for the same exact programming that DTV offers and do away with their phony $1.50 royalty fee then I'd consider going back to them for programming.

I wish that somehow DTV would be able to give Pegasus the heave ho and get rid of them........

I really don't see the reason just because my zip code falls within a Pegasus area that I should have to pay more for programming....

Kind of like going to buy a new car. Ok excuse me sir you live in a zoned zip code area. The price of the same car just went up $2000 and oh yeah let's not forget the $650 royalty fee. Sorry you can't go to another dealership and buy what you want at the price you'd expect.....

5. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Blame it on a agreement in the beginning of DirecTV in order to secure funding.

6. MattJ

MattJ Cool Member

Nov 22, 2002
    Ok, help me out on this. I don't have Sat yet and am looking at both Dish and DirecTV. I keep getting these Pegasus flyers in the mail. Does this mean I will be forced to go Pegasus if I want DirecTV ???

Thanks

Also, Can you buy your equipment at the normal retail stores (like Bestbuy or CC) and install it your self?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.