1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTP Sues Apple, Google, HTC, LG, Microsoft and Motorola for Infringement of Wireless

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by BubblePuppy, Jul 10, 2010.

1. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...ement-of-wireless-email-patents-98101629.html

And while they are at it. They should sue everyone that uses email.

2. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    The article is actually pretty clear about the infringements applying to wireless e-mail only.

Reading further, and given their success against RIM and the USPTO, I'd say they have a pretty good shot at making this suit work.

Clever of them to sit back and wait for the suit to reach its maximum potential.

3. njblackberry

njblackberry Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    Patent trolls. Check out a company called USEI - US Ethernet Innovations. Suing companies for violating their patents on "Ethernet".

4. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    I got the wireless part. The suit also includes software that enables wireless email. That can have far reaching consequences for even small software developers.

5. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    These guys may have out-clevered themselves...

It will be interesting to see if this group of companies decides to test their deep pockets against the suit or if they seek some type of licensing agreement.

6. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    Judges and juries lack technical expertise and focus on the "human" side of such matters.
    Clever lawyers will play them like a puppet master, showing how the big bad super mega companies walked all over the little guy and stole his ideas.

They'd be wise to settle.

7. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Seems to me like between the defendants (and perhaps a few others) they could buy NTP for a sizable sum and get rid of the irritant.

8. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    Of course, it may be wise to select an Amish jury. :D

9. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    Developed in 1990? I was sending and receiving email via wireless (ham radio) several years before that (and received some Chinese spam not long after).

10. elaclair

elaclair Rescued Racers Live Here

Jun 18, 2004
    Del Mar, CA
    Anyone remember SCO? This sounds a bit familiar.....

11. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    NTP has a settlement on their belt. SCO just loses. I thought it was finally over, but they appealed last week.