1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Null" Caller ID Bug

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jwd45244, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwd45244

jwd45244 Hall Of Fame

Aug 18, 2006
    I can say that without a doubt the D10, D11, and D12 receivers all with the latest software suffer from the "null" Caller ID bug. I also have an R15 and and HR20 and neither have the problem.

I have also moved the R15 to where the D1x receivers are installed to verify that it was not the phone line. It is not.

BTW, I do get DSL from my phone company and I have a "whole house" DSL filter installed.

2. packfan909

packfan909 Icon

Oct 6, 2006

The DSL filter could be a cause. Is there anyway to temporarily pull that out of the loop? I had to remove all of my inline filters in order for CID, VM, etc. to work correctly on my system.

pf

3. packfan909

packfan909 Icon

Oct 6, 2006

The DSL filter could be a cause. Is there anyway to temporarily pull that out of the loop? I had to remove all of my inline filters in order for CID, VM, etc. to work correctly on my system.

I know the HR20 had the issue but a software patch resolved this issue a few months back. I have not connected my D12 to see if this showed up as well. But the issue did effect my HR20 when the system was not patched.

pf

4. jwd45244

jwd45244 Hall Of Fame

Aug 18, 2006
    I have verified that this problem does not happen on either the R15 or HR20 and yes. I have pulled out my DSL filters over time. The problem is that the D1x receivers are interpreting the Message Waiting Indicator (sent via FSK packets every 30 minutes) as a Caller ID (which is also sent via FSK packets).

5. packfan909

packfan909 Icon

Oct 6, 2006
    Now what would be really nice, is if the receiver interpreted the message waiting indicator and displayed something on the info screen. Take the bug and turn it into a feature.

pf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.