1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Number of LNB's for Houston Area?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by reubenray, May 31, 2009.

1. reubenray

reubenray Godfather

Jun 26, 2002
    I moved to the Houston area (zip 77571) and the installer only installed one LNB on the dish. When he did the install he used the 3 LNB instead of the 5 LNB.

Is this correct? I see other dishes in the area that has different LNB setup. I believe I am getting everything, but want to make sure.

2. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    If your SD locals come from 101 [ what DMA are you in ?] and you don't subscribe to spanish/chinese programming you are good.
    The other dishes were probably installed before the availability of the 3LNB.

3. rhingst

rhingst Cool Member

Apr 29, 2008
    We are fulltime RV'ers currently in Hitchcock 35 miles south of Houston and have the Slimline SL3-SWM dish and get everything we should. We get all the Houston locals as they are tied to our permanent address in Livingston, Texas.

4. adrock13

adrock13 Mentor

May 27, 2009
    depends which sat you recieve locals from if availible and what programming you subscribe to like previous post. call dtv they'll be able to tell you if you have correct dish type.