1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Occassional Color Shift

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by ucrazy51, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ucrazy51

ucrazy51 Cool Member

Jul 16, 2005
    I've just switched to Dish from TWC. I've been noticing that occassionally I get a color shift from reddish to tannish shades. It's quite noticeable on faces. It seems to last for just a short time then goes away and might not comeback for a while. I have 3 TV's and all exhibit the same behavior. I have feeds to an 811 and a 625. Since it's occuring on all 3 sets I would think it has something to do with the dish or cabling into the house??

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Evil Capserian

Evil Capserian Godfather

Jul 27, 2003
    One suggestion comes to mind. Learn to live with it.

3. ucrazy51

ucrazy51 Cool Member

Jul 16, 2005
    You didn't have to get so technical... :lol:

4. Evil Capserian

Evil Capserian Godfather

Jul 27, 2003

I never do, and hey I used to charge for my advice. Client service fee's are not free.

5. ucrazy51

ucrazy51 Cool Member

Jul 16, 2005
    I'd be willing to pay for the correct answer. Is that why you quit charging....

:hurah: :lol: :hurah:

6. Evil Capserian

Evil Capserian Godfather

Jul 27, 2003

The answer lies buried deep in the heart of the ocean. You need to have deep pockets to pay my fee because there is no way in hell im going scuba diving for less than 100 an hour.

7. KKlare

KKlare Godfather

Sep 24, 2004
    Make sure your TV does not have auto-color turned on. It will try to make everything into flesh tones. Use manual tint adjustment -- neither too greenish nor too magenta.
    -Ken

8. Montre32

Montre32 Cool Member

Jun 16, 2005
    The off-air color bars on the movie channels are a good way to calibrate. You could also try using RCA cables or S-Video instead of Channel 3-4. That clears stuff like that up.

9. ucrazy51

ucrazy51 Cool Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Thanks for the replies.

I don't have auto color on. I'm using S-video on 2 sets and Dvi on my HD set.

As I said this only occurs occassionally. I'm in the process of checking all outside cabling etc.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.