1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Odd Experience with NF

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by Rich, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Yesterday I was watching a streaming movie and with 3 minutes left the Sony 5100 BD player locked up. First time I've seen this happen. Don't know if it was the player or the feed, but I couldn't even shut the player off with the remote. I ended up pulling the cord and starting the movie all over again when I plugged the player back in. Not quite sure what happened. Anybody seen this before?

Rich

2. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
  3. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Thanx, I thought it might have been a glitch by NF. As long as I know it's common to the BD player, I can live with it.

Rich

4. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Why just "live with it"? Get Roku and enjoy all the features of top-notch streaming video plus all the extra channels.

5. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Nick, I've posted many times that I don't like the Rokus. It's just a matter of personal choice.

Rich

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    the point is Roku's boxes handle easy and nice all glitches (actually stream's corruption - dropped packets, etc) as they have local 'connection' between two companies here, residing just a couple miles apart ;)

third party players like LG, Samsung, Sony are to big and heavy to follow fast changing technology