1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd HR20 crash

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by 4DThinker, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4DThinker

4DThinker Godfather

Dec 17, 2006
    I was fussing with my VISTA PC (Media Center) and eventually shut it down.
    Went into the living room to turn on the HR20 only to see some message about "Media Center Off Line..." on a mostly black screen. I hit Guide on the remote and the entire screen went black. After that there was NO response from the HR20.

I hit the Red Button to reset it, and the unit worked fine the rest of the night.

So, I'm guessing this crash was network related. That could be a serious problem as my computer is ON and OFF several times a day.

2. 4DThinker

4DThinker Godfather

Dec 17, 2006
    Same thing happened today. In my office working playing on the VISTA PC. Shut it down (turned it OFF). HR20 has not been on since last night. Last night I was not using the network features, just watching boring TV.

I turn on the HR20 and see "Media Center ........" on a black screen. Hit MENU this time. Screen goes black, system locked up and non-responsive. Red Button reboot gets it working again.

What's up, DirecTV? Anyone else seen a similar message? My PC is named "Media Center PC" on the network. Your message may have your computers network name instead of the message I saw.

3. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    !rolling

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.