1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd Insert

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Laxguy, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Imagine my surprise when I ran across this this evening, towards the end of the 10 pm recording yesterday of "The Mentalist".

It's a screen shot of a different kind! Can someone explain this a bit beyond some sort of keying info for commercials?

Attached Files:

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    It is what it appears to be ... a slate letting master control at all of the network stations when to expect breaks during that evening's Letterman program. With variable segment lengths it is good to tell the stations in advance where the breaks will be. It is old school to put it on the feed ... but the feed is a reliable method of reaching the stations. Normally your local station would cover this information up during "The Mentalist" with local commercials/news teasers/other content. Apparently something went wrong.

3. raoul5788

raoul5788 Guest

May 13, 2006
    I used to see them regularly when I had a cband setup.

4. TwoPhases

TwoPhases Legend

Jul 20, 2010
    Ya' learn something new everyday!

5. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007

1. [*]BECAUSE YOU HAVE DISCOVERED THE BLACK BOX CODE YOU WILL HAVE TO SURRENDER YOUR SHIP TO THE KLINGONS ON YOUR LAWN

:lol:

6. thewallfisher

thewallfisher AllStar

Jan 31, 2011
    I saw this also. I thought our local affiliate pushed the wrong button during the middle of the show. I have Dish but I guess that makes no difference.

7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Cue tones messed or skipped that time to insert local ads.