1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

odd issue with recording being split up

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by psywzrd, Mar 18, 2013.

1. psywzrd

psywzrd Cool Member

Jul 3, 2008
    So Saturday night/early Sunday morning I recorded the UFC Post Fight Show on Fuel HD (channel 618). It was a one-hour show that started at 2:00am and I did not buffer the recording at all. When I went to watch it the next day, I had 4 partial recordings - 2:00am-2:03am, 2:03am-2:04am, 2:04am-2:37am and 2:37am-3:00am. I called DirecTV about it and they couldn't explain it. This is not the first time that this has happened with this specific show either. I record many other shows on numerous different channels, but I've never had this issue with any other shows on any other channel.

Just for kicks, I recorded a one-hour show at 2:00am on the same channel last night on both of my DVRs and they recorded properly. This is an extremely odd problem.

Any ideas? This is on an HR21-100 if it makes a difference.

2. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    When I get a program split up it's usually because of a short interruption in power but I've never had one spit into 4 parts.

3. Diana C

Diana C Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    Were the parts seamless (by which I mean they fit together with no gaps or overlaps)? If there were gaps, the problem was likely short signal outages (why that would happen, I can't say). If they overlapped, it would mean the DVR was treating them as seperate recordings. If they were seamless, it would be very odd and point toward some "hiccup" (that's a technical term :) ) in the DVR software.