1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd recording issue !

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Bobman, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobman

Bobman Hall Of Fame

Jan 3, 2006
    I am one of the people that check their To Do List everyday :( and I came across something strange the other day that I forgot to mention before.

It was a SL that I had for "Ultimate Fighter" on Spike TV. The new shows are Thursday at 10 (going from memory). The R-15 did not have the new show scheduled even though there was only one other show set to record BUT it instead scheduled a later episode.

Not sure why it did what it did but the good thing was at least it recorded it.:)

2. Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor Hall Of Fame

Nov 15, 2005
    Anything set higher in priority set to record at the same time?

3. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    I saw that problem a few times during my Tivo/R15 comparison. A first run episode was airing one night, the R15 didn't have anything scheduled yet it did not record that airing. Instead it would record a re-airing of the same episode a day or two later.

4. Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor Hall Of Fame

Nov 15, 2005
    Sounds like some sort of flaw in the conflict resolution code to me. Just glad in both cases it got your shows for both of you. I don't like but can handle extra episodes being recorded but definately wouldn't like my recodings missed. Especially if it where like SG-1 or Atlantis :lol:

5. Tgrim1

Tgrim1 Mentor

Aug 18, 2006
    Mine missed both last night:(

6. Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor Hall Of Fame

Nov 15, 2005
    Oh that sucks big time. Luckily it doesn't miss those or I would be one of the ones here ready to kill it. :)

7. cybok0

cybok0 Godfather

Jan 5, 2006
    Thats why I still use my DTIVO :)

8. Tgrim1

Tgrim1 Mentor

Aug 18, 2006
    I got one coming!
    Good thing for me that someone posts the eps the next day on newsgroups

On a side note, I did a Reset, Reset Everything, Down Arrow/Record and a 02468, and the unit appears to act normal now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.