1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

off air/cable input

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by suzook, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suzook

suzook Cool Member

Feb 1, 2006
    I was reading the owners manual, and it states you can hookup an off air antenna or cable to the unit. I tried hooking up my cable, but wasnt able to view any of the channels. Does anyone know if this is possible? Acording to the manual it should be. Am i doing something wrong? Any suggestions?

2. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    On a VIP622? What page in the OM did you read this?

3. cpdretired

cpdretired AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 25, 2003
    I'm not near the receiver now but lets see if I can remember. In the setup menu I believe under local channels there is a screen that displays the following. Off air, cable, HRC & IRC. I hope that this helps.

4. suzook

suzook Cool Member

Feb 1, 2006
    You are right, but the receiver dosnt reconize any channels. I am at a loss. If anyone has any comments, let me know thanks.

5. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    Suzook, did you run the scan locals after you connected the CATV coax?
    On page 108 of the OM, it says you can receive local channels by connecting either an off-air antenna, or cable to the Antenna/CATV input on the back of the receiver.
    It then goes on to say, you must either add those locals, or scan for the locals, using the Add DTV on the locals page.
    Your receiver will not recognize the cable channels, if they're available, until a add or scan is run, and you save the data to the receiver.

6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The ViP series can ONLY tune ATSC channels. If you have analog cable or digital other than ATSC the tuner won't see the channels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.