1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh Yeah, BBC America in HIGH DEF Now !!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by JimMariner, Aug 19, 2012.

1. JimMariner

JimMariner Just Another Ol'Salt

Sep 19, 2007
    Oh Yeah, This Morning :eek2: found out that BBC America is now in High Def !! :D

I have so been waiting on this one for sure, YEA DirecTV !!! :p

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Well, just so you can be more excited, there are a few more that went HD last week as well.

3. JimMariner

JimMariner Just Another Ol'Salt

Sep 19, 2007
    This one does it for me nicely :p It's been one of the last I have been waiting for. Well, that I watch so frequently anyway.

Doctor Who in HD, Oh Yeah !

4. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    JimMariner does his happy dance.

:stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman:

I'm glad you're amped. Other folks are dancing with you.

5. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Where have you been for the last four days? :D

6. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    Out to sea?

7. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Though I'm getting a little concerned with the delay of ION East HD. Hope whatever the hangup is doesn't end up canceling the launch altogether.

Test feed is still up and looks fine though, FWIW.

8. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I was really happy until I went thru the guide and found one show, Copper, that I wanted to see. I do like Dr. Who, but I'd like to see them in order. NetFlix is good for that.

Rich

9. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    BBCA shows the new shows in order.

The reruns are shown in blocks in order. Like if you watch the 10am thru noon block, those are in order and right now they are mid season 1. The 4pm shows are in order but are Amy stories.

BTW, Netflix is a bit odd. They include some of the specials as season shows but have a couple outside the series. And are missing one (don't remember which). Still compare to a list like on Wikipedia.

10. banditt76

banditt76 Godfather

Jul 17, 2012
    I'm so glad they finally got it in HD too for Top Gear, Doctor Who and Nerdist. I haven't had a chance to watch much else yet.

11. Barcthespark

Barcthespark Godfather

Dec 16, 2007
    I recorded "The Timey-Wimey of Doctor Who", The Nerdist", and "The Women of Doctor Who" last night but haven't had the chance to watch them yet. I can't wait for Doctor Who to start!

12. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    I'll be glad when "Copper" premiers. I'm getting annoyed looking at the very large icon in the lower right corner announcing its start.

13. banditt76

banditt76 Godfather

Jul 17, 2012
    You really only thing I dislike about the guide is all the damn banner ads you can't get rid of.

14. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Yes, they are also annoying!

The guide only shows 6 channels at a time and with those banners, it's down to 5.

15. banditt76

banditt76 Godfather

Jul 17, 2012
    The HD guide is almost perfection otherwise. We don't want ads DirecTV! DISH lets you remove all ads from your guide. Their guide is not HD, at least not on the 722k that I had, but they had more options for selecting how many channels show at a time and whether you wanted the PIG window at the top.

16. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Why?

The OP has proven they're not large enough as the current size didn't catch his attention for a few days.

17. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Obviously, the OP doesn't use the guide. :)
    As a matter of fact, I don't use it that often, but with BBCA going HD I had to use it to see what's on.

I see no reason why the guide couldn't have 8 channels shown and have it display at least 2 hours out.
    A slight font size change should be enough.

18. banditt76

banditt76 Godfather

Jul 17, 2012
    Why? I hope you aren't serious. Especially around the movie channels it is beyond ridiculous. I know how to find what I want. I don't need some stupid guide telling me where to go. It makes the guide display a clusteryouknowwhat and is just simply annoying.

They must have a minimum amount of ads they put in there too. I know what the new HD channels are. I did weeks before they went live. DirecTV caters to too many ignorant people. Give the others the option to get rid of the idiot guide ads.

19. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Not a fix, but especially for the ones around the movie channels, there are two workarounds. Remove channel 501 from your guide, or in the guide put in channel 502 and go up one. Removing channel 125 gets rid of the ones in the 100s.

20. banditt76

banditt76 Godfather

Jul 17, 2012
    I already figured out the second one on my own. Doesn't change the fact they are still there if I scroll up instead. I have eliminated all the ones I can by using a favorites list. Anything else I still see can't be rid of by these tricks.