1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohio Poll, Bush 52 Kerry 42. Oh oh.

Discussion in 'The OT' started by mainedish, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003
  2. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    It will probably tighten before the election.

3. Steveox

Steveox Banned User

Apr 21, 2004
    You know why? Cause the media like CBS tried to make BULLS**T Stories on bushs military record. Now the voters know the press is trying to make bush look bad but they wont report any scandel that john kerry did. The press will wait 6 months after kerry is sworn in and then report a scandel like they did on bill clintons whitewater scandel and the monica lewinsky scandel when clinton was re-elected 3 months later.

4. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003
    Who ever is leading at labor day wins. It's over for Kerry.

5. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    I think it might be. But much can change in 7 weeks. Let's see how the debates go.

6. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003
    Nobody watches the Debates anymore.

7. BuckeyeChris

BuckeyeChris Icon/Supporter

Apr 20, 2004
    In 2000, an average of 40.6 million people watched the three Presidential debates.

In 1996, an average of 41.2 people watched the two debates.

In 1992, an average of 66.4 million watched the three debates.

For '88, avg of 66.2 million watched the two debates

For '84, avg of 66.2 million watched

And in 1980, 80.6 million watched the one Reagan - Carter debate.

Source: Nielsen Television Ratings
    for Each of the Presidential Debates
    from 1960 through 2000

8. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003
    The best thing Kerry could do is show up at the debates as Bubble Boy.

9. bcope9

bcope9 Mentor

Jun 7, 2004
    Kerry should just drop out and save us all the trouble.

10. RichW

RichW Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 29, 2002
    A couple of things.

My own projection has consitently given Ohio to Bush. I myself had thought this might be a key state for Kerry, but he has never shown a reliable lead in Ohio since he was nominated.

I use the Strategic Vision Polls in my analysis but they are also beginning to be an outlier like Zogby is. They are a partisan pollster retained by the RNC. That doesn't make their data automatically suspect anymore than Zogby's, but both go against a consensus of several other state polls around the country. Zogby's outlier status can be explained because he uses a totally different polling mechanism. If he turns out to be right, which I doubt, it will surprise the established polling firms and cause them to change their ways also. (The Zogby/WSJ poll has continually shown Kerry in the lead as late as Sept 7 - even I see a lead for Bush at that time.)

11. RichW

Mar 29, 2002
    Most people have their minds made up already. However it is the undecided that will decide this election. (how ironic)

Also, it appears that the overseas non-military vote is going to be the highest that it ever has been. While all these state polls are going on, no one, to my knowledge is correlating any of these overseas votes to specific states. With a 1% margin in several of the states, the overseas vote may tip the scales.

12. Steveox

Steveox Banned User

Apr 21, 2004
    Why dont fox news dig something on kerry like dan rather did on bush. Why dont fox news investigate if kerry broke any laws as a teenager like shoplifting,Vandelizing or even got in a fight in school why dont they do that huh?? Seems fair to me.

13. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Steve, you may have missed it, but there was some coverage of Kerry's days as a Swift Boat commander. Just a little. Probably not enough for you to have noticed. :lol:

14. Steveox

Steveox Banned User

Apr 21, 2004
    Yep not enough for me cause there are people in the US does not understand military law. Dig up something simple like a sex scandal on a hollywood actress he might have made out with. I would bet he probily was in bed with jane fonda.

15. MikeSoltis

MikeSoltis Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 1, 2003
    I'm sure your boy W understands military law. Seeing as how much time he spent in the military. :sure: :sure: :sure:

I will stop letting Steveox get to me.

16. Steveox

Steveox Banned User

Apr 21, 2004
    Maybe his dad at the time told him to get out and get back to learning business in the oil industry.

17. Lyle_JP

Lyle_JP Icon

Apr 22, 2002
    What the Ohio polls routinely leave out is this state's peculiar love of voting for third-party candidates in large numbers. In 1996, a Communist running for President (on Ohio's ballot only) got more than 10,000 votes, which is more than triple what the Green Party candidate got and not far behind what Perot got in that election. Other third parties were also better represented in Ohio than they were in other states. So phone polls that just give a choice between Kerry and Bush (or Kerry, Nader, and Bush) don't tell us the whole story.

18. BuckeyeChris

BuckeyeChris Icon/Supporter

Apr 20, 2004
    Just a small correction, Perot got 483,207 votes compared to 10,813 votes for the communist (Worker's International) party candidate Monica Moorhead in the '96 Ohio election. That's way far behind in my book. But still, 10K votes for the communist candidate is 10K too many.

19. RichW

Mar 29, 2002
    Ohio is the home of the Taft's, the family that is most repsonsible for the modern Conservative Movement.

20. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003
    If you listen to Boston radio you will know that Kerry is done. Many blame the people Kerry has working for him. I blame Kerry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.