1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK so comcast called me tonight

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by pez2002, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002
    the CSR said to come back they would offer me The service for $14.95 a month for 3 months I told him why i left he said the prices went down :lol:
    I Said im sticking with my Service he said the picture goes out when it rains i said my system is fine I dont have any problems Then i hung up

It will be 2 yrs in december Since i left comcast time flys :lol:

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 1, 2002
    They call me or mail me stuff all the time. This last batch of their efforts have been to make available to me, "emergency service" for $5/mo. It just offers the local channels and weather radar, basically antenna service. The would of course be in addition to their internet service.

I already have all of my RG-6 accounted for and there isn't any room for Cable. Everything is nice and enclosed in the wall, so I'm not about to entertain the idea of having a new cable tacked to the floorboards.

3. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    I wonder if the cable companies could survive switching from providing television service to a broadband internet service (if satellite would pick up momentum to really hurt cable companies in some markets). They would probably take in close to the same amount as they do for television service proving a better internet service than what satellite could provide.

4. Neutron

Neutron Banned User

Oct 2, 2003
    You wouldn't see Insight Communications doing that here. They suck at both cable (which is why we don't have it) and cable internet (my only broadband ISP choice). Their service is crap.

5. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    I love how they offer you cable for $14.95 for 3 months. Like that's going to make you forget their higher prices that you pay EVERY month after that. Cable companies think we're really short-sighted.

6. Slordak

Slordak Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    Some people must subscribe to these "$15 for 3 months, then $90 for each month thereafter" promotions, though, or they wouldn't keep running the advertising. The commercials are remarkably good about not mentioning that after the initial time period, you will be gouged.

7. TonyM

TonyM Banned User

Aug 14, 2003
    Time Warner in MN runs these ads for digital cable and the commercial is setup like "Extreme Makeover..Home Edition". You can get digital cable for 29.95 for 3 months (yipee)

At the end, a crane knocks the dish off the roof. I don't know if anyone has seen these, but, I'm trying to figure out what kind of a dish they have on the roof. It looks like a freakin C-Band dish...probably not...but it looks like a Superdish that they are knocking off the roof. Its huge!! :)

8. Chris Freeland

Chris Freeland Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Yes and how all their adds in newspapers are only for those short term discounted rates and no mention of their regular prices. With both D* and E*, no matter what short term discounts they are offering for new subs you can easily find what their regular prices are many times in the same add. Here in Chattanooga you can even go to their website and will not be able to find out what their regular cable TV prices are, and if you go to BB their rate cards are out of date, like last years pricing. In order to find out what Comcasts current charges are I had to actually pay a visit to the main office to get a recent rate card and even then it only includes the pricing of Preferred Basic, the digital and premium channels and their Internet service. In order to find out pricing for limited Basic and Expanded Basic I had to call on the phone because these package prices are not published :mad: .

9. Mike Richardson

Mike Richardson Banned User

Jun 12, 2003
    I hate those ads! They air them in Houston. The receiver you see them installing isin't even offered in Houston!

10. Selenna

Selenna Fair Lady of the forums DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 18, 2004
    I have both broadband and cable TV service through Charter right now. Switching to DirecTV (and keeping Charter for broadband) my monthly price will be about $10 less a month to get comparable channels. Still, I actually called Charter and asked what they'd be willing to do for me to keep my business. All the guy did was try to bash satellite service ("do you know you have to sign a contract? and they can change their prices any time and you're still locked in to that package" "do you know how often your signal will go out with bad weather?" and on and on). I told him I wasn't interested in hearing his opinion of DirecTV and could he just answer my original question. He said "well we're not going to give you some special deal because you say you're going to switch if that's what you mean".

I'd also called earlier to find out their package pricing and told them that if they truly felt they were providing good service at good prices they would put them on their website for people to see. She claimed they changed too often with various promotions.

Bye bye Charter... my DirecTV system is on it's way :)

11. midnight75

midnight75 Legend

Jun 25, 2004
    Yeah, SURE the prices went down. I find that very easy to believe. :lol:

It'll be a year next month for me, since I said adios to cable & went with DirecTV. Much better lineup for alot less. I'm still yet to get a phone call from the cable company, though. I hope I do, it'll give me a good laugh. :lol:

12. Cyclone

Cyclone Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 1, 2002
  13. invaliduser88

invaliduser88 Welcome to Torchwood DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    And let's not forget Earl the Simplify guy on the radio and his words of wisdom concerning the horrors of the dish and the peace and serenity of cable. [​IMG]

14. pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.