1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

old Direct TV HR21 to HR24 upgrade on Directv

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by pingablemark, Aug 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. pingablemark

pingablemark New Member

Aug 3, 2016
    chicago
    Hello,

I apologize if I am posting to the wrong forum, but I have a question that somebody could help me.

I have an old HR21 that needs to be upgraded. I was able to get a used HR24 , however for some reason when I swapped them out ,, the HR24 shows signal but its showing red X's on the on odd and even transponders. The old HR21 has 2 cables coming down from the satellite and plugging with the KU band convertors on each end into the coax connectors. The satellite is setup as SL5 LNB with multiswitch and dual tuners and its works this way.

Now I have a newer HR24 receiver with dual tuners and the exact setting is not there but i am assuming its the slimline 5lnb dish setting I tried other dish menus as well - and actually the signal on satellite 101 is showing up but nothing else. What I am doing wrong ? --No not using SWM not sure if I need this now.

2. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    You need to post this question over at the DirecTV forums. This is the DISH Network forum.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

3. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Or you could switch from Directv to DISH seeing subconsciously you must like DISH better.