1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OLD dish work with newer HD receiver???

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by phaine01, Aug 30, 2016.

1. phaine01

phaine01 New Member

Aug 30, 2016
    VA
  2. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Yes, it will work but you won't get any HD channels. In order to get HD channels you need an Slimline dish with the appropriate LNB, most likely an SL3 either legacy or SWM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. phaine01

phaine01 New Member

Aug 30, 2016
    VA
    Thank you so much for the information. I don't really know which channels are HD, except the movie channels . .. As long as we get the basic stuff, it's fine.

4. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    All major channels are pretty much available on HD. But yes with that dish you will get all of your regular programming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    It sounds like you are talking about DirecTV equipment, but posting in a Dish forum... Are you meaning to be asking for assistance with Dish or DirecTV equipment?

6. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    SD is standard definition channels they have low picture resolution and look terrible on most flat screen TV's. All most all HD (high definition) channels including movie channels have SD equivalents. The equipment you are picturing is Directv (at&t), Directv owns their equipment and leases it to you.