1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old News: FCC Seeks to Revisit "Nipple-Gate"

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Nick, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Where, oh where to put this -- in the "OT" forum,
    in "Legislative Issues", the "TV Show Talk" forum, or
    where it probably belongs, in the "Humor" forum? :confused:

[​IMG]
    "Oh, Justin, I'm suddenly so chilly!"

Full coverage @ B&C.com

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I'll never forget that event. I think every Tivo user did the same thing, rewind play slow-mo pause. lol

3. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Gawd, who cares? I have better-looking @ home...

4. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    She shoulda gone plum nekkid.

5. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Your Tax dollars at work... it's ancient history, who cares.

6. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    FCC needs to focus on something worthwhile like restricting commercials and on-screen bugs and graphics.

7. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    It's not like they showed a live beheading or something. It's a freakin' boob. It is pure insanity that so much of OUR money is being spent trying to determine "who is to blame" for this farce. This is definitely one of the few times that the Europeans are right: it is violence, not nudity, that's most likely to be a problem for the young/less mature.

8. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Personally, I would much rather see the dimwits at the FCC concern themselves with graphic violence on tv rather than the occasional nip slip. That it's ok to watch a show where there is rape, torture, even murder being graphically portrayed is pure insanity!

9. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    How can they say this was willfull? Sure, they might have been able to delay the whole broadcast, but just because they did not does not mean it was willfull, unless they had good reason to belive that something objectionable would be shown. There is no way that they could have foreseen her boob would pop out.

10. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...

We don't believe you! Show us!.;):D

11. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I wonder if they've noticed that the entire communications/media biz is changing a bit and needs their attention? Of course, it's more interesting to study the pros and cons of nipple exposure....:rolleyes:

12. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Too bad I didn't have Tivo during that SuperBowl.. it would have made the half-time show worth watching. Most of these events are a complete waste of time b/w halfs. I've never actually gotten to see it, but still pictures like the one above. Oh well..

13. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    Agreed. This is such a strange country. A naked woman causes an uproar...a beheading is great ratings. Although, I'd prefer if the FCC just removed itself from all censorship issues and dealt with items like the monopolization of content/distribution.