1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

old remote for 722

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by ddgwood, Sep 9, 2011.

1. ddgwood

ddgwood New Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Hi,all thank you for the great site,with the help from here I upgraded to hd and got the sling adapter and got 10 off a month when I didnt think I could. the question know is can a remote from my old 625 tv2 be programed to work on the
    722 for tv2?

2. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    :welcome_s to DBSTalk!

I don't see why not, as both receivers come with the same 6.3 or 6.4 remote. Bring up the System Info screen and press Record on the remote to sync the receiver to the remote's address set.

On the slight chance that you misidentified a 722k receiver, the answer is the same. The old remote just won't have the 21.0 remote's System Wizard feature but it's more comfortable to use.

3. ddgwood

ddgwood New Member

Sep 9, 2011
    I finally got a chance to try programming the remote and it will program but then the original wont work, both are on the same address but they original is b the extra is a Im not sure what to do next the original is a 21. Thank you