1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Oldest first in DVR menu?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by 4bama, Jun 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. 4bama

4bama Godfather

Aug 6, 2006
    Seems kinda quite here lately...just one option I sure would like to have in the DVR list of recorded programs:

List the oldest recordings first!

Rationale: If you record a series of the same program that tends to run in sequence, where episode 2 picks up where episode 1 left off, etc..then it makes more sense to display the oldest recording first when you twice press the DVR button.

I'm not one to keep recordings that I've already seen, except maybe some movies, so as soon as I watch an episode of a series I delete it...next time I would prefer to see the next-oldest episode at the top of the list...

Just tossing this out for comments, my rationale certainly will not mirror everyone's...
    :lol:

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    If your receiver can use folders, you can active them for the same title. It puts them in with the newest recording at the top of the list (not necessarily the newest episode). If they are in order, you can go to the oldest show at the bottom of the list.

3. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg New Member

Aug 30, 2004
    I had not considered this before, but it would be more intuitive and convenient with your proposed option.

4. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    It doesn't appear sort order is one of the options. What you can do instead is, with the highlight in the DVR list, press '9' to go to the bottom of the list to go directly to the oldest item.

5. jporum

jporum Cool Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Despite the length of time I've had my DVR, I didn't know about that trick. Thanks for letting me know about it.

6. TulsaOK

TulsaOK DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 23, 2004
    Other keys work as well as long as the DVR list is sorted by name. The keys correspond to the first letter on that key. It will scroll to the appropriate name that corresponds to that letter, or at least the closest.

7. Grandude

Grandude RichardParker II

Oct 21, 2004
    I like the idea of the oldest ones listed first. At least make it an option.