1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On Demand cannot be programmed remotely (?)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by bldxyz, Mar 2, 2012.

1. bldxyz

bldxyz AllStar

Aug 18, 2006
    I don't think this is posted before, but I'm pretty sure I found something a little funky.

It would appear as though one cannot use the iPhone app or the DirecTV web site to tell your THR-22 to download an On Demand title (that you can tell your THR-22 to download if you are sitting in front of it).

On the website, I am able to tell my THR-22 to record a future show, but if I attempt to "record" something from the On Demand library, I get the following error:

[​IMG]

On the iPhone app, I tried to record a couple of different On Demand titles that I have subscription for (on HBO). Here's a picture of the message:

[​IMG]

(I was able to download the shows when I went home and used my television as the interface.)

So, while the error messages are a bit unhelpful (particularly on the web-site), I would guess that this is something one cannot do with the THR-22. It wouldn't rate that high on my list of things to change about it, but I thought I'd share this tidbit.

2. LI-SVT

LI-SVT Icon

May 18, 2006
    I have the same problem with the two HR21P-200s I have. I can download on demand from the STB UI but not from anywhere else. The HR21Ps are the only two receivers on my account.