1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

On Demand Content Directv VS Dish

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jclangston, Apr 30, 2013.

1. jclangston

jclangston Cool Member

Oct 19, 2010
    I was curious to know if Dish has as much On Demand content as Directv. For example, with D*, you can watch every year of every series on all of the premium channels.

2. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    You may want to post this on the Dish side.

3. Volatility

Volatility Legend

May 22, 2010
    Why? As he is asking a comparison of the two companies. Both On Demand services require an internet connection to download the majority of the content. Some of the new release PPVs are pushed through the sattelite for both companies. Both offer over 5000 on demand content. Both have premiums on demand. Both have "channels" on demand that arent actually regular channels like the Animie Network. It is interesting to note for some reason Dish invested in a whole lot of broadband they aren't using at the moment. They have something up their sleeves unbeknowst to D*.

4. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    I thought a Dish customer may know more about Dish on demand then us.

1 person likes this.
  5. Volatility

Volatility Legend

May 22, 2010
    I see where you are going though I think this thread would do better in the general satellite discussion thread to avoid bias

6. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    The way he worded his post, and his avatar lead me to believe he most likley already has DirecTV or has at least been exposed to it quite a bit, and he knows about DirecTV's On Demand offerings already. Therefore I agree with the others, if he wants a better idea of what Dish offers for On Demand it probably would be better to ask in their forum.

7. jclangston

jclangston Cool Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Yes i was just wanting a comparison. Thanks for the replies...and I am a D* subscriber.