1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On Demand Download Connection Issues

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by rlm, Aug 18, 2010.

1. rlm

rlm New Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Here is a very strange issue that no one seems to be able to solve including Direct TV (Issue has been escalated).

The HR20-700 is connected to the internet via the Wireless Game Adapter supplied by Direct TV, Linksys WGA600N.

When trying to download On Demand "Green Zone", 1080p, I am getting internet failures at the 10 minute download point. This has occurred about 50 times or so with the same failure and at the same download point.

I have reset receiver, internet, and game adapter many times and have solid internet connection. I can download other movies, last night Wall Street, and Brothers 1080p with no problems. I have no problems connecting to the internet Apps window.

My network is working perfectly with my laptops, printers, etc.

I posted this issue on Direct TV forums and others have successfully downloaded this movie.

I can not figure out why this movie keeps failing for me at the same point every time.

The error code from about 50 of the History entries is 1011.

Ideas????

2. Eskimo

Eskimo AllStar

Aug 2, 2010
    try (just temporarily) disabling the security protocol on your wireless network and see if it works?

I had a very similar issue with my wireless gaming adapter, and that was the issue.

(Fortunately, running unsecured isn't a big deal where I live)