1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

On Demand downloads marked with "Keep"

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by BennyGregg, Oct 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. BennyGregg

BennyGregg Legend

Jul 17, 2009
    I have an HR21/700. Since the 0x40d firmware, I have noticed that all On Demand downloads are marked with a blue "K", for "Keep". I do not believe that this was the case with previous firmwares. While I realize I can remove the "K" marking, I would rather that the downloads not be automatically marked like this. Has anyone else noticed this, and is there any way to prevent the automatic marking with "K"?

Thanks.

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Just a guess but, is this your default recording setting like mine is?

3. BennyGregg

BennyGregg Legend

Jul 17, 2009
    Is there a particular place for On Demand recording defaults, different from regular recording?

Under Record Defaults on the Manage Recordings menu, I have this set:
    Episode Type: First Run
    Keep at Most: 5 episodes
    Keep Until: Disk is Full
    Start: On-time
    Stop: On-time

4. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Not that I know of.
    The only difference in my defaults is Keep until: I delete.