1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On Demand issue

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by crabtrp, Feb 17, 2013.

1. crabtrp

crabtrp Legend

Sep 23, 2006
    So I finally got Internet good enough to download hd content. I have a couple of Hoppers and Joeys. Whenever I download a movie, the playback is terrible. It sometimes is very obviously not HD, but the worst is that it jumps. I am watching the film and then it starts to break apart then next thing you know it is anything from a minute to 10 minutes forward. Is this a common problem? Is there a way to improve it?

Sorry if this is a repeat question. Not sure if this is a Dish question or a Hopper question.

2. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Are you playing it while streaming? Is this the next day? What is your download and upload speeds at home? How is the Hopper connected to the Internet? Is it all titles or just specific ones?

3. crabtrp

crabtrp Legend

Sep 23, 2006
    Playing either while it is streaming or after it is finished. My download speed averages at 7mbps. The Hopper is connected through a Hopper Internet Connector. It seems to be on every download. I can stream from Netflix or Amazon on my roku in HD. I'd just like to be able to take advantage of all of the On Demand titles.