1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

On demand no internet

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by coltbuca, Mar 21, 2012.

1. coltbuca

coltbuca New Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Dish says you do not need internet access to watch on demand with the Hopper. Anyone try it"?

2. RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    An internet connection is required to view On Demand content through Blockbuster @Home, VOD, and TV shows.

3. Daniel

Daniel AllStar

Feb 6, 2007
    I think that he is talking about Dish Unplugged where it will record HBO shows on its own late a night and have them available via the On Demand menu.

I haven't tried it myself since I do have an internet connection.

4. coltbuca

coltbuca New Member

Mar 21, 2012
    This is what the Dish website states you can do with a hopper:

"Watch hundreds of On Demand titles on your TV, no internet connection required"

Is Dish sending content to the hopper's hard drive?

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    They are probably talking about the On Demand titles that are delivered via satellite download during standby times.

However, if you don't connect a phone line or Internet, you won't be able to actually order them via the remote.