1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

On Demand Program Blank

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by BillJ, Dec 23, 2012.

1. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    Yesterday I noticed on CMT Network available On Demand a Crossroads episode with Emmilou Harris and Mumford & Sons. Fan of both so I selected it to watch now and it appeared to download. Tried to watch it and it was 43 minutes of black screen. Deleted it and downloaded to watch later. Same result. The program is listed but apparently not there. First time I've seen that.

My broadband connection is ethernet and it worked fine a couple hours earlier to download a movie.

I'm leaving for the holidays. Maybe I'll try that program again when I get back. If anyone from Dish read this please check it out. Thanks.

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Not sure what causes it, I have gone through the exact thing with other recordings. No matter how many times I tried to download and view, it wouldn't work. I tried downloading the same program using the same procedure on a different receiver (everything else the same) and it plays correctly with no problems.

3. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    Thanks, Gary. Nice to know I'm not the only one. Unfortunately I only have broadband on our main TV. Maybe I'll ask Tech Support about this issue when I have some time.

4. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Dish has Wifi adaptors for the receivers, they cost $25. It makes it easy to have more receivers connected to broadband.