1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On Demand ??'s (HR20-700)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by steelgtr, Dec 10, 2010.

1. steelgtr

steelgtr Mentor

Feb 4, 2007
    Hi Guys

1) Just plugged in a network cable, all the channels/programs show up but when I pick one and record it doesn't show up in my playlist.

I was able to get one movie (Annie) to record so I know I'm hooked up.

2) Is there a way to filter the free from the pay for programming? Seems like more $$ than free!

3) I pay for HDNET but when I try to do a free HDNET (1561), it tells me to call to add the channel!

thx

bob

2. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    561 / 1561 is HDNET MOVIES.

3. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I am using DoD with my new HR24-200 but also see some differences than how DoD worked in the past. Before when you chose a program(s) to download, it would show in the Queue until it the download was started, then it was show in the Playlist as it downloaded and after it was done. Now, nothing shows in Queue when I have programs set to download.

I don't think there is a way to filter out Free stuff.

I can view HDNet Movies DoD just fine on my end. You can view the regular channel (561) fine but can't download from their DoD channel?

4. steelgtr

steelgtr Mentor

Feb 4, 2007
    Are you saying you have the same problem? When I check the history, it says DL cancelled? Que shows nothing. I just plugged in the network cable last night and the connection test is good

I get and pay for 561 just fine!

5. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    I have the HD Extra Package but when I try to download a movie from HD Net Movies, I get a popup asking if I would like to subscribe to that channel. Something appears to be messed up in Directv's system for that channel.

6. tonyinvc

tonyinvc Cool Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Just got off the phone with engineering regarding this problem.
    It's a glitch concerning the VOD HD extra pack. I was assured they're working on it and should be resolved soon.

7. philherz

philherz Legend

May 3, 2008
    Not sure about your HDNET issue.

I've had this happen before and it's pretty much a hit & miss. If I keep trying, it always records eventually.

As far as filtering by "free" goes, I just check those channels (Sony, MGM, etc. ?) that are free......