1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On Demand: Where is Dexter Episode 15 HD?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Steady Teddy, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Steady Teddy

Steady Teddy Godfather

Jan 23, 2007
    I started downloading all of last season's episodes of Dexter in HD but episode 15 is not available. Episodes 14 & 16 are listed. Anyone have an idea why? Is this a bandwidth issue?

2. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Could be any number of possibilities, but bandwidth wouldn't be one - could be that Showtime forgot to provide the episode or there was a problem with the file and it had to be pulled until a replacement can be added...

3. Barmat

Barmat Godfather

Aug 26, 2006
    Uhmmmm, bittorrent.

4. vertigo235

vertigo235 Godfather

Mar 18, 2007
    The last 4 episodes are missing too...

5. jpl

jpl Hall Of Fame

Jul 9, 2006
    I thought it may be an issue with Showtime itself, thinking that maybe they messed up the programming. It's not that. How do I know? I have FiOS, and I subscribe to Showtime - episode 15 is there on my VOD.

6. Steady Teddy

Steady Teddy Godfather

Jan 23, 2007
    I see that all the missing HD episodes are available on SD. Guess I'll be stuck watching those. :(

7. jpl

jpl Hall Of Fame

Jul 9, 2006
    Oh, sorry, I missed the 'HD' piece of your posting. FiOS doesn't currently have Showtime VOD in HD (just Starz, HBO, and Sundance, for now of all the premium movie channels). It could be an issue with Showtime itself, since they provide the programming that DirecTV passes on to you via on-demand.

8. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    They didn't have any in HD a few weeks ago. I have them all in SD. I still have another episode of S1 to watch, so I guess I'll go ahead and replace my SD versions with HD (the ones that are available).

Thanks.

9. DViper2399

DViper2399 AllStar

Jul 16, 2008
    Is On demand for premium channels free, even if you don't subscribe to them?? I remember the Starz OD seemed to be free but I was afraid to chance it, I now get Starz free for 6months...Any deals on HBO?? I canceled after Entourage,Sopranos, & Curb seasons ended but need to add again cause Entourage starts on the 7th

10. Steady Teddy

Steady Teddy Godfather

Jan 23, 2007

If you're not paying for the channel, it's not freee. If you attempt to download a program for any channel you are not subscribed to you will receive a prompt asking if you want to add the channel to your package.

11. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    The DVD's were just released last week. Definitely worth the $! That's the best show on TV (and I don't have Showtime, since I know I'll buy the DVDs and the books as soon as they come out anyway).

12. capegator

capegator Legend

Sep 14, 2007
    I found episode 15 in HD in the SD column. Still don't know why the last 4 episodes are in SD only. :mad:

13. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    They are showing on the Directv on Demand part of the site. Just click on them there and download them to your DVR.

14. capegator

capegator Legend

Sep 14, 2007
    So you downloaded the last 4 episodes of Dexter season 2 in HD? I've downloaded from VOD all the season 2 episodes in HD except the last 4. The last 4 episodes are available in SD but I don't see them available in HD.