1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

? on different receivers

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by paulsonj72, Nov 17, 2010.

1. paulsonj72

paulsonj72 AllStar

Oct 21, 2010
    Extreme...
    This happened to me on Saturday and I am wondering what caused it. Our receiver upstairs which is a standard went to searching for signal while the standard DVR downstairs remained working? I tried resetting the upstairs receiver and that didn't work but than unplugged it and that did that trick. What I'm wondering is why one receiver went out and the other remained working?

2. ben4715

ben4715 AllStar

Jan 19, 2010
    Software possibly???

3. paulsonj72

paulsonj72 AllStar

Oct 21, 2010
    Extreme...
    not sure. The unplugging and plugging back in worked. We just got the receivers last Wednesday.

4. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    Things happen. It could have been any number of things from a power surge, spike, a ground loop issue or just plain old luck of the draw. Not all romax runs or circuits for that matter are equal in tolerance. It may also have been a snafu during a firmware update that only a reboot could fix as that happens to. No rhyme or reason as to why. All that really matters is the fact that it's back up without issue; so no biggie...

5. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    If you were talking about HD DVRs, I could answer the question. Don't know about SD DVRs, but the sensitivity of the HRs is variable, ranging from the 20-700s, which seem happy with just about any decent signal to the 24s which need a well aligned dish and a damn near perfect signal to work. When I got my first 21-700 it wouldn't work with the same sigs supplied to my 20-700s.

Rich

6. paulsonj72

paulsonj72 AllStar

Oct 21, 2010
    Extreme...
    Upstairs is a standard only no dvr. downstairs is a standard dvr. But we got the upstairs working so no biggie.