1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On Sale @ CC Wireless Bridge

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Kansas Zephyr, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kansas Zephyr

Kansas Zephyr Hall Of Fame

Jun 29, 2007
    http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Buff...62407/catOid/-12980/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

I picked this up last night. Mention the web price, and they will match it in the store.

If you've got an existing wireless router/AP, this works great as an Ethernet bridge.

I like it because it has 4 Ethernet ports, so I can plug the HR20 and Xbox 360 into one unit.

2. LarryS

LarryS Legend

Apr 22, 2002
    Just picked up an Airlink AP431w multipurpose access point at Fry's for $27. Configured as an "AP Client" worked great for hooking up my HR20-700 on my existing wireless network. Runs WPA security fine as well. Didn't like the $80 cost of a Linksys WGA54G and have to downgrade to WEP security as well.

3. Kansas Zephyr

Kansas Zephyr Hall Of Fame

Jun 29, 2007
    Me too, the one I mention in my OP is also WPA capable.

4. DanHo

DanHo AllStar

Jun 14, 2007
    I originally hooked my hr20 up with a WGA54G, but like you I wanted more ports and I didn't like the idea of downgrading my wireless security. So instead I took my WGA back and picked up a WRT54G and flashed it with the DD-WRT 3rd party firmware. Took me an hour to do it all. Works great, only cost $49.99 and I have 2 more ports I can use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.