1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Once again D doesn't care about the NFLST subs...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by saleen351, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Sep 8, 2013 #1 of 18
    saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    Game mix currently has 3 games. Game 1, game 2 and red zone. Why the heck don't they just go split screen with both games? Oh that's right, D isn't going to invest any more time or money into the NFLST because they are not renewing the deal with the league.

They simply do not care, they are too busy working on a Dish merger to save thier butts...

Just freaking lame that I can't watch both games at the same time on bigger screens.

2. Sep 8, 2013 #2 of 18
    JosephB

JosephB Icon

Nov 14, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    wh..what?

3. Sep 8, 2013 #3 of 18
    mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Astoria, OR
    I highly doubt DirecTV will let ST go. I agree it's dumb to not go spilt screen but what can you do?

Sent from the other side of the Milky Way with my S4.

4. Sep 8, 2013 #4 of 18
    Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    What you do with two games on at the same time: record both, then FF to the plays. That way you get more watchable stuff in less time. Start watching about an hour into the games.

5. Sep 8, 2013 #5 of 18
    TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    If you have a Genie just use PIP.

6. Sep 8, 2013 #6 of 18
    Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    But, but, but: PIP is so 20th C.!

:)

7. Sep 8, 2013 #7 of 18
    TheRatPatrol

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Especially since theres no button on the remote for it. :)

8. Sep 9, 2013 #8 of 18
    JasTay4224

JasTay4224 New Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Yeah... No button.... Cause pressing info and the arrow a couple times is difficult. :)

1 person likes this.
  9. Sep 9, 2013 #9 of 18
    TheRatPatrol

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    A couples of times? Its 8 button presses to turn it on, 9 to turn it off. Its a PITA! It should have been a one button toggle.

1 person likes this.
  10. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Game mix currently has 3 games. Game 1, game 2 and red zone. Why the heck don't they just go split screen with both games? Oh that's right, D isn't going to invest any more time or money into the NFLST because they are not renewing the deal with the league.

They simply do not care, they are too busy working on a Dish merger to save thier butts...

Just freaking lame that I can't watch both games at the same time on bigger screens.
    not sure you understand what goes into making that channel happen. It's not easy.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

11. saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    I don't have a genie
    I don't need a genie
    I don't record football

All I want is common sense and a little effort, but once again D screws up game mix...

There is a reason why D within 3 seconds dropped my NFLST price down to $200, they are running scared. They could easily fix this problem but they are abandoning ship. Dish merger is full steam ahead.

12. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Wow... $200???? A whooping $25 discount. They're terrified.

3 people like this.
  13. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    !rolling

1 person likes this.
  14. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    Saleen - huh?

15. JosephB

JosephB Icon

Nov 14, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    easily fix, huh? I guess you know exactly what goes into building the interactive code behind a mix channel and the control room/encoder infrastructure required.

16. JasTay4224

JasTay4224 New Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Dish merger....

Right....

17. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    You can't even record anything?

Don't explain, don't complain.

18. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    I don't have a genie
    I don't need a genie
    I don't record football

All I want is common sense and a little effort, but once again D screws up game mix...

There is a reason why D within 3 seconds dropped my NFLST price down to $200, they are running scared. They could easily fix this problem but they are abandoning ship. Dish merger is full steam ahead.

You don't get what goes into building those mix channels. Its not something you can change easily, nor change that he fly from two to six screens, on an interactive channel. I wouldn't be surprised if it would require them to take the channel down and out it back up even. Its not at all the same thing when a channel will split screen and show one extra channel but still have just one audio feed to broadcast and such and its not interactive.

And saying you don't record football, well now you are just stubborn about a better way to watch football. If its games you care about, you'd record them and not leave the thing on a tiny window IMHO. Even a split screen is to small IMHO for a big game I want to see. There's a reason I have a 65" TV and its not so I can have two 36 inch tvs.

And how do you possibly figure that not doing something they have never done since day one is abandoning the ship? That's just doesn't make any sense at all to me.

And forget a merger with dish, its not happening.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app