1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by dpeters11, May 10, 2013.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
  2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Same feeling. I like Once Upon a Time, but I don't know that it needs a spinoff. All it does is split the story-pool between two shows... and I don't know that it bodes well for longterm success of either series.

For comparison...

Years ago the Superman comic had the same writer on two different comics... and that comic went bi-weekly during the summer... so the writer left the title a couple of years earlier than he intended... and he said basically that working on two books he had burnt through all his ideas much quicker and wanted to leave on a high note. The same guy would have stayed on a single book twice as long.

3. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Supposedly Alice in Wonderland was partially base around drugs of its time period.

4. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........ DBSTalk Club

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Someone needs to shame me somehow into stop watching this.
    I have no kids or wife and I can only think that it is the duck lipped red queen that keeps me going here.
    Even Lithgow as a rabbit is not enough. But why do I keep watching this crappy show?

HELP!!

5. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I never started it. Alice in Wonderland was never a book or story I cared for. But I love Once Upon a Time! My daughter and I watch it every week.

6. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Almost a ditto here.

But I find it entertaining enough to keep watching it live as there is nothing else on at its time slot that I like.

7. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Sophie Lowe was fantastic in "The Slap". And I was looking forward to seeing her in this, but she's badly miscast and the entire show is a silly mishmosh of preposterous twaddle.

8. lugnutathome

lugnutathome Hall Of Fame

Apr 13, 2009
    Woodburn, OR
    Please. Tell us how you really feel :)

I find this show better than say the shopping channel and a bit more entertaining than the local news broadcasts but it is too dark and not quite done right. Not sure what would fix it either. They had a hit with Once Upon a Time, Great! Don't try to spin off near clones and expect the same response.

I would write in a pack of cannibalistic elves attacking the kingdom. . . fade to bloated elves napping about the landscape, roll series end credits

Don "or perhaps it's time for the holy hand grenade sketch" Bolton