1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One of My DVR's Thinks I Moved to California!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Robert Simandl, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Robert Simandl

Robert Simandl AllStar

Jan 31, 2004
    Had some huge thunderstorms here today, maybe that had something to do with it?

I live in St. Louis, Central time zone.

When I got home from work today, my family room HR20's clock was running 3 hours behind the actual time here. It's still recording the correct programs because the program guide is also three hours behind.

Oddly, the HR20 in the bedroom is unaffected, still showing the correct time.

Is this something that will correct itself overnight, or do I need to do something here?

Thanks!

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    I think a red button reset is in order, wait until it is not recording one of your shows.

3. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    I would start with a menu reset and not do a Red Button Reset unless necessary.

4. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Do a reset from the menu, NOT a Red Button Reset.

5. xmetalx

xmetalx Godfather

Jun 3, 2009
    set the time zone to force CST (i've seen issues with it set to auto detect), and then do a menu reset. should resolve it

6. David MacLeod

David MacLeod New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    about 2 yrs ago this happened to me and I had to change time zone, reboot, then change back to correct zone and reboot again to flush cache.
    was oddest thing, no idea why it happened.

7. chascan66

chascan66 Cool Member

Nov 21, 2009
    What's the difference?

8. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    It's easier on the unit.

9. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    Kind of like doing a menu restart on a PC versus just turning off the power then powering up again. Like spartanstew said. a kinder, gentler restart.

10. lugnutathome

lugnutathome Hall Of Fame

Apr 13, 2009
    Woodburn, OR
    Interesting! My H21 in the workout room (this is also my DTV account's primary receiver (chose over a DVR since no moving parts)) has a useless red button, it do nuttin. I use the power cable reboot when the menu is not functional.

Fortunately this is far less an event than it used to be. Perhaps those every Friday night thingies have been avoiding the need for that:p

Don "when it goes south I get to go through the primary hokey pokey call" Bolton

11. Robert Simandl

Robert Simandl AllStar

Jan 31, 2004
    I set the time zone to Central, didn't bother with a reboot, and all seems well now. Thanks all!

12. Microphone

Microphone AllStar

Jan 30, 2007
    Odd....no matter how many times I reset it, one of mine does weather for a California zip code. Must be from same batch:lol: