1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onkyo TX8222 and HR20 remote

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by gusjohnson, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gusjohnson

gusjohnson AllStar

Sep 29, 2006
    I just purchased and setup an Onkyo TX-8222 stereo receiver that I was hoping to use with my TV/HR20. Unfortunately, none of the Onkyo Stereo remote codes seem to allow me to control the volume with the HR20 remote. Has anybody out there gotten this combination to work? I've tried the RC24, RC32, and RC64R remotes - each with all 5 Onkyo codes, no luck. Any ideas?

2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    Code to use is 30135, the volume keys NEVER work initially with any audio receiver code. Not until you do the following: First there has to be a tv code programmed to the tv device, or the volume keys won't work, then:

1. av1 or av2
    2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
    3. enter 9 9 3
    4. press SELECT

You won't be able power both ON & OFF the receiver with one code, not with onkyo two-key power scheme and the lone power key of the white remotes. Code 30842 will power OFF the receiver.

3. gusjohnson

gusjohnson AllStar

Sep 29, 2006
    Sweet! Works like a charm.

I knew about code 993 to get the volume working in TV mode but I never got that far because I thought I'd be able to control the volume with AV1 first. Very insightful of you to figure out that was where I might be stuck.

Thanks Edmund!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.