1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online programming for my DVR?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by drmckenzie, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Sep 9, 2011 #1 of 10
    drmckenzie

drmckenzie AllStar

Aug 28, 2007
    I used to set up recordings online, which worked well.

Now, I can only find "Dish Online", which doesn't seem to have the capability to search and schedule recordings, based on the categories they used to have, such as comedy or suspense.

Am I missing something? Please help!

Thanks!

2. BodyshotsByDan

BodyshotsByDan Cool Member

May 28, 2011
    Looks like Dish Remote Access is gone, they have been threatening it for a while now :( Sucks because I prefer DRA over DOL

3. TheFoxMan

TheFoxMan AllStar

Aug 25, 2008
    Marion, Iowa
    Correct. Dish apparently decided that online management of our DVR's is not important, so we're left with the limited capability included in Dish Online... many complaints and no indication of fixes being worked.

4. drmckenzie

drmckenzie AllStar

Aug 28, 2007
    Dish is certainly out of step with me, since just about everything they change pisses me off.

I used to be a Dish booster, but that's getting harder, since they insist on taking 0 steps forward, and two steps back.

5. Wolfpanther

Wolfpanther Cool Member

Apr 28, 2008
    I can still log on to the remote access site and see my dvr and schedule recordings. I'm on it right now.

Pam

6. TheFoxMan

TheFoxMan AllStar

Aug 25, 2008
    Marion, Iowa
    I envy you. What URL are you using to get to the login page? I just tried the one I used to use (dish.sling.com, which redirects me to http://dish11.sling.com/index.php), and it shows a guide but not my channels, and it doesn't see my DVR, which is hard-wired to the internet.

7. Wolfpanther

Wolfpanther Cool Member

Apr 28, 2008
    The dish.sling.com website. It redirects me to dish13sling.com/index.php. I just logged in to see if changed. It took me to My DVR which shows my recordings on both the dvr and EHD and my timers. It also gave me my grid.

8. TheFoxMan

TheFoxMan AllStar

Aug 25, 2008
    Marion, Iowa
    Well, I guess you're charmed, or I'm cursed, or maybe both... I can't get to dish13sling.com (or dish13.sling.com).

9. drmckenzie

drmckenzie AllStar

Aug 28, 2007
    What I liked about the old online software was the ability to easily find shows to record, since there was at least a minimal attempt to organize them into categories by theme.

For example, on my computer, I could go through all the movies showing in the next week, and set some up to record, in about 1/10th the time it would take on my DVR.

For me, this feature was the best part of the old on-line program.

10. psaman

psaman New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    For all intents and purposes, DOL is totally useless to me. Like others, remote access worked fine for me from my desktop, laptop and android. I did not make or adjust timers, I just liked watching my recorded shows thru the sling adapter, when traveling. Now I get so many errors it's hard to keep track. The main one though is dish online keeps telling me my 722k is not connected to the internet; but the receiver tells me it is and that the sling adapter is ready.