1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online Tonight to be completely off XM within 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by jgc, Mar 17, 2003.

1. jgc

jgc Cool Member

Nov 14, 2002
    According to what post I've read elsewhere, David said he was going to be completely off XM within two weeks, because XM had reached a deal with another syndicator to fill the slot. This is news to me because for one thing I haven't heard him say that on Online Tonight. Does anybody what syndicator is gong to fill the slot?

We'll have to wait and see what happens

2. jegrant

jegrant Legend

Mar 24, 2002
    Here it is, over a month after the date of this previous post, and Online Tonight is still there. I have nothing against it being carried, but I do wish there was something else besides 24/7 of one show. Surely there are some nice "Internet Only" radio shows about computers that XM could pick up. I bet it would be great promotion for all involved.

3. jgc

jgc Cool Member

Nov 14, 2002
    Yes, unfortunately. It certainly needs to be only on a few hours not 24 hours so internet only shows can be on there or something. Its ridiculuous to have Online Tonight on 24 hours for a long time ever since CNET Radio went away. You would have thought XM would have done something when CNET Radio went away. But oh well, that's not the case, yet. :(

I have nothing against it either but yes of course it needs something else besides 24/7 of one show

I'm sure there are but it seems like XM doesn't want to carry them or plans to do something else with the channel. I don't know but they need to do something soon. Heck, I wouldn't mind Tech TV minus the anime, cartoons, and infomercials and the Internet Only radio shows about computers can fill in that gap

OK, I'm done with my rant. :rolleyes: :)