1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Only receiving signal from one sat.

Discussion in 'Technical Talk (Closed Forum)' started by falec_illmore, Mar 31, 2005.

1. falec_illmore

falec_illmore New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    I recently bought a used dish 500 with a twin LNBF for my parents. I installed it and got a signal. When I run the switch test it tells me that only one sattelite is connected. I get a strong signal from 110, but no signal from 119. I tried moving it around with the signal strength meter on sat 119 and could not get any signal at all. Does this mean that the internal switch or something else in the LNBF is defective?

2. rcwilcox

rcwilcox Godfather

Jan 20, 2003
    my guess is you are off 9 degrees in the direction and 4 or 5 in elevation. You have the wrong side of the lnb pointing at 110

3. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    Cover the 110 "eye" with tinfoil. If the 110 signal goes away, your aim is OK.

Otherwise, the 119 eye is looking at 110. Rotate dish 9 degrees west and adjust elevation a bit.