1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OOPS! Deleted wrong show

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by nn8l, Mar 18, 2009.

1. nn8l

nn8l Legend

Sep 7, 2007
    Everybody may know this, but I didn't. Last night on my HR21 I was watching American Idol. Once I caught up to live time I went into my List and started watching The Biggest Loser. At the first commercial break, I hit the previous button to go back to Idol. I finished Idol and because I had it set up to record an extra 15 minutes I wasn't at the end of the recording. I pressed info/more info and deleted from there. Oops. It didn't delete Idol which I was watching, it deleted Biggest Loser.

2. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    Holy Cow. :eek2:

Did the info screen show American Idol? If so that sounds wrong for it to work that way.

Mike

3. alv

alv Godfather

Aug 13, 2002
    Seems like there should be an undelete for recently deleted shows for situations like this.

4. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    i wonder what happens 1st:

a) we get a folder where we can recover "deleted" shows.
    b) the "channels i get" issue is fixed.

hint- u may need a perpetual calendar.

5. whitepelican

whitepelican Godfather

May 9, 2007
    Works great on the DirecTivo units.

6. cartrivision

cartrivision Hall Of Fame

Jul 25, 2007
    Can you recreate this? I tried it and the correct program was deleted.

7. MLBurks

MLBurks Icon

Dec 16, 2005
    This has happened to me before. But the problem for me was that my brain and fingers were working faster than the HR21 can process and I actually deleted the wrong show.

8. Italia

Italia Godfather

Dec 8, 2008
    I did that last night....I was so mad!!!! It sad, it's like watching a car drive off the cliff.....I knew what I did and then I just sat there as I watch processing lag behind what I did and then I let out a "Nooooooooooo!" as I watched it disappear.

9. Zimmy

Zimmy Mentor

Jul 22, 2008
    This has happened to me twice and I'm not sure how to recreate it.
    My first was my beloved Gators national championship game.
    I think I was showing someone a play from that game, went to another program, decided to clean some things up, then bam, no more NCAA game!
    The second time was during my weekly dual tapings of Heroes and 24.
    I was caught up and finished watching one, so I deleted it (or so I thought), I ended up deleting the show I hadn't watched yet.
    Lucky for me, since I was taping both shows, 24 was still in the buffer, so I could correct it by pressing record.

10. Jon J

Jon J Grouch Extrordinaire

Apr 22, 2002
    Music City, USA
    :up:

11. MLBurks

MLBurks Icon

Dec 16, 2005
    That pretty much describes my unfortunate and very unpleasant experience. What's worse is that it has happened a few times.

12. CopyCat

CopyCat Member

Jan 21, 2008
    South Carolina
    During the DirecTV Tivo days we had an un-official undelete that worked great as long as you used it without recording over that portion of the hard drive. They actual data is still there, it's just removed from the index.

13. Brennok

Brennok Legend

Dec 23, 2005
    Actually with the latest software on Directivo you have the recently deleted folder now and yes as others have said it works great.

14. timmmaaayyy2003

timmmaaayyy2003 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2008
    Whoopsie!

15. tonyoci

tonyoci Legend

Oct 14, 2006
    Good luck recovering your deleted HD programming (aside from your 5 channels) with the DirecTivo's :)