1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Operate HR20 on one cable

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by gpman, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gpman

gpman New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    can i operate the hr20 with on able only? thanks gp

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    It will work fine. Remember it can only record what you are watching, or you can watch a recorded program and still record another. Also you could hook an OTA antenna to it and have more choices again if you are in range of locals.

3. twistedT

twistedT Icon

Jan 11, 2007
    Do you mean, hook it to your tv with one cable? If your tv has a hdmi input you can. It is one cable for audio and video, some HR20 came with the hdmi cable in the box.

4. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    For the last few months...all HR20's come w/ the HMDI cables. In the early days it was a crap shoot.

5. gpman

gpman New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    1 cable from wall outlet to receiver! du i get all hd channels and standards and record 1 channel?
    i du not want to run a second line thru the wall.

6. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    You will get all of the channels your programming allows for from one cable. But, you will only be able to record from the one tuner. As long as your dish is pointed correctly and see all of the SATs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.